User Groups are a collection of Users within your Hugo team and they add value in 3 main areas of the product:
- Note access: When controlling which Users have access to a particular note, you can select a User Group instead of adding each teammate one-by-one. When new Users are added to an existing User Group, they will also have access to all historical notes made available to that group.
- Note @mentions: When using the @mention feature in a note, users have the ability to mention a User Group.
- Note filters: In the Browse tab, you have the option to select a User Group and filter notes to see everything that has been saved by or @mention that User Group.
Create/manage User Groups:
- Visit Settings > Manage Organization and scroll down to the User Groups card.
- Click Create Group to name and add members.
- Click Manage for a particular group to edit details and members.