About GitHub + Hugo
Teams who successfully use both tools rely on GitHub for actionable tasks and Hugo for managing their meetings.
With the GitHub for Hugo integration, you can turn actions captured in your docs into GitHub issues. When those issues are sent to GitHub, they will also include a link back to the Hugo doc so that assignees have the context they need to focus on their work!
From within Hugo you can:
- Turn part of your doc into a GitHub issue
- Configure the description, repo and label of issues
- Assign issues to teammates
- Turn part of your doc into a comment on an existing GitHub issue
- Hugo will sync the status of issues so that next time you review the doc, it is clear which tasks are completed and which are outstanding
- For each GitHub issue created in Hugo, a link back to the doc will be included so that assignees have the context they need when starting a new task