Troubleshoot Slack + Hugo
This article will describe a number of common causes for Slack issues, and how to resolve them yourself.
Common causes for errors:
Invalid API or revoked API access
- When connecting Slack and Hugo, unique credentials allow Hugo to request/send data to/from your Slack account. Sometimes these credentials can become invalidated.
- To resolve, visit Hugo > Settings > Apps > Slack, click Disable Slack and then re-enable.
Common questions about Slack:
How do I delete a Hugo note that was sent to Slack by accident?
- To delete a Hugo note that was sent to Slack by accident, go to the Hugo doc and remove the app action to post to Slack, then click 'Update'. This will also delete the Slack post.
If I delete a Hugo note that was sent to Slack, what happens to the Slack post?
- Hugo notes posted to Slack will remain in your Slack account even if the note that created them has been deleted.
If I edit a Hugo notes that was sent to Slack, what happens to the Slack post?
- If you edit a Hugo note that was posted to Slack, the note will also be updated in Slack
If someone in my Slack team comments on a Hugo note that was posted to a channel, will it sync with Hugo?
- Hugo supports note comments, and has mapped the Slack Threads feature with this functionality
- So if someone uses the Threads feature to comment on a note in Slack, that comment will also show up in Hugo as a comment. The same works vice versa - if a Hugo user comments on a Hugo note that was posted to Slack, that comment will show up in Slack as a Thread message