Troubleshoot Todoist + Hugo
This article will describe a number of common causes for Todoist issues, and how to resolve them yourself.
Common causes for errors:
1. Invalid API or revoked API access
- When connecting Todoist and Hugo, unique credentials allow Hugo to request/send data to/from your Todoist account. Sometimes these credentials can become invalidated.
- To resolve, visit Hugo > Settings > Apps > Todoist, click Disable Todoist and then re-enable.
2. You are on a free Todoist account
- Todoist does not allow 3rd party apps, like Hugo, to create Todoist tasks for free users.
- Upgrade to a paid Todoist plan to create tasks from your Hugo notes.
Common questions about Todoist:
If I delete a Hugo note, what happens to the Todoist tasks I created from that note?
- Hugo will not delete any data from your Todoist account, it will only send tasks to Todoist from your Hugo notes.
- Therefore tasks will remain in Todoist even if the note that created them has been deleted.