Templates are an easy way to standardize team processes and speed up meeting preparation. When you sign up to Hugo, you start with some default templates out of the box, however, you can customize your own as needed. For recurring events, this is also where you can import past docs to provide continuity between meeting.
Automating tasks and Slack channels in templates
By combining tasks and templates, Hugo makes your meetings more efficient. Here are some examples:
- For customer calls, add a reminder to follow up.
- For team meetings, add a task for everyone to fill in their updates.
- For leadership meetings, add a request that everyone review the deck before the meeting.
Here's how you can do that:
- Go to template settings and select the template you need. Look for the edit button at the top-right corner to edit your selected template.
- Add the task that will be created when using this template.
- Add the Slack channel that you want to be added as an action when using this template.
Default Slack Channels
You can set different default Slack channels for each template that you have. For example, your sales template can post in your Slack sales channel, team project meetings can be set to their respective channels, or your 1:1 manager meetings can be set to not post to a channel at all! Follow the steps below to set the default channel for each template that you need:
- Go to template settings and edit your selected template.
- Look for the 'Add Default Channel' in the template to set the default channel
Smart Due Dates
While editing templates, you can also create smart due dates (in addition to assignees). This will allow you to assign due dates to a task that's relative to the date and time of the meeting.