This article will describe a number of common causes for missing meetings, and how to resolve them yourself. Click here for information on how and why Hugo requires access to your calendar data.
Potential causes and solutions for missing meetings:
- Hugo does not instantly sync calendar changes: Changes made to your calendar (i.e. new/updated meeting invites) will not be reflected instantly. Please wait a few minutes and refresh your Hugo page to find your meeting.
- You must be an attendee of the meeting: For team privacy, yourInbox will only contain meetings that you are an attendee of. If you are not an attendee, ask the organizer to invite you and the meeting will shortly show up in Hugo.
- Email aliases prevent Hugo from knowing you're an attendee: Email aliases (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org) make it impossible for Hugo to identify the individual attendees, which in turn will prevent those meetings from showing up in your Inbox. Please use individual attendee invites to resolve this issue.
- The meeting was deleted/canceled from your calendar: If a meeting has been cancelled/deleted from your calendar (by yourself or the organizer), it will be removed from your Hugo Inbox. Click here to see a list of scenarios where Hugo will retain your data even if it is deleted from your calendar.
- The meeting was deleted by another teammate: If the meeting was deleted in Hugo, by other people on your Hugo team who were also attendees, that meeting will be removed from Hugo for all attendees, including yourself.
- The meeting is hidden by Inbox rules: Inbox rules is a feature that allows you to tell Hugo to hide meetings from your Inbox, that meet certain criteria. Review the Inbox rules in your account to see if they could be unintentionally hiding your meetings, and remove/edit those rules to resolve the issue.
- The meeting is located in your Team Notes: If another teammate already saved a note for a meeting that you are attending, it will move from the Inbox to Team Notes. Check here to see if your meeting is located there.
- Your Hugo account was created under a different email to the calendar that you're using: Hugo will only load meetings from the calendar of the email account you used when signing up/creating an account. If you are being invited as an attendee under an email address that differs from that of your Hugo account, it will not show up in your Inbox.