Because Hugo syncs with your calendar, it detects the attendees of your meetings based on their email address, and then does 2 things:
- Creates a Person contact based on the email address of the attendee
- Creates a Company contact based on detecting where that person works
This is what allows you to search for notes based on contacts and companies in order to retrieve your notes.
Sometimes you may find duplicate contacts or companies in your Hugo account, and this can sometimes lead to note fragmentation - if some notes are saved against contact A, and other notes are saved against contact B, even though you know contact A & B are the same person!
Causes of duplicate contacts and companies:
- The person you are meeting uses multiple email addresses
- The person you are meeting changes moves to a different company
- Hugo makes a mistake and detects that wrong company for someone you're meeting 🙄
How to fix this:
- Find the page of the contact or company that you need to manage (you can search by name in the top-right or click the link if you already have a meeting note open that they attended)
- Select About
- To merge: Click Merge search for the duplicate contacts, mark the primary contact and click Merge again
- To edit: Click Edit make the changes such as add/removing email addresses, editing company and role etc and click Save