This article will describe a number of common causes for Copper issues, and how to resolve them yourself.
Common causes for errors:
Incorrect/invalid API key
- The API key copied in to your Hugo account needs to be an exact copy of a valid API key from your Copper account.
- Visit Copper > Settings > API Keys to generate a valid key
- Paste that key to your Copper credentials in Hugo.
Incorrect/invalid email address:
- The email address copied in to your Hugo account, to accompany your API key, must match the email address used for your Copper account.
- Paste that email to your Copper credentials in Hugo.
If I update a Hugo note after it has been saved, will my Copper note update?
- Hugo will not edit any notes in your Copper account after they have been sent.
- Therefore notes that are created by Hugo will remain unchanged in Copper, even if you edit the note in Hugo afterwards.
If I delete a Hugo note, what happens to the note sent to Copper?
- Hugo will not delete any data from your Copper account, it will only send notes to Copper from your Hugo notes.
- Therefore notes will remain in Copper even if the note that created them has been deleted from Hugo.