This article will describe a number of common causes for Slack issues, and how to resolve them yourself.
Common causes for errors:
Invalid API or revoked API access
- When connecting Slack and Hugo, unique credentials allow Hugo to request/send data to/from your Slack account. Sometimes these credentials can become invalidated. To resolve, visit Hugo > Settings > Apps > Slack, click Disable Slack and then re-enable.
If I delete a Hugo note that was sent to Slack, what happens to the Slack post?
- Hugo notes posted to Slack will remain in your Slack account even if the note that created them has been deleted.
If I edit a Hugo notes that was sent to Slack, what happens to the Slack post?
- If you edit a Hugo note that was posted to Slack, the note will also be updated in Slack
If someone in my Slack team comments on a Hugo note that was posted to a channel, will it sync with Hugo?
- Hugo supports note comments, and has mapped the Slack Threads feature with this functionality
- So if someone uses the Threads feature to comment on a note in Slack, that comment will also show up in Hugo as a comment. The same works vice versa - if a Hugo user comments on a Hugo note that was posted to Slack, that comment will show up in Slack as a Thread message